Saturday, August 27, 2005

Well, it's been a while. I've been really tired this week, especially since Thursday. Wednesday night at study, my roommate tells everyone that he's planning another outing to Bear's Den to watch the sunset, after last week's poor, overcast showing. THIS time however, the skies were nice enough so that I could take my 6-mile hike along the AT. 6 miles in 3 hours, with 2-3 500-foot climbs/drops betwen me and Bear's Den. I arrived only 5-minutes before the group did, and the sunset was great. I went almost directly to bed (stopping for ice cream on the way home.) Tonight, I was jogging in the rain.
My other excuse for not posting was that I really haven't learned much this past week, despite the help from Mike at work and the Wed. night study. At least I finally nailed down the next question to ask: faith is not "emotion", but a decision based on evidence of things we cannot see, yet I hear about people "on fire" for God; people with a powerful want to know God better and work for Him. I know the major Biblical facts from many years of church and study, and yet I have little fire: I struggle with sin and motivation to find time to study and learn. What am I missing or misunderstanding in this reguard?

No comments: