Saturday, August 13, 2005

The sinuey influence of ladies, and Saturdays at 5:30AM

First off, thanks for the link to my blog from Sarah Jo (http://cupofjo.blogspot.com), an old friend from me college days at LeTourneau. Mysteriously, however, this link has compelled me to update my blog again, lest someone follow the link and take me for a lazy bum that never updates.
I think I wasted an opportunity this morning. I had been thinking last night about whether or not to go to a men's breakfast and discipleship meeting at 6:00 this morning (as it said in the church bulletin last week.) After a few minutes of waffling at 5:15 this morning, I finally deceided to go, remembering a Bible verse that (poorly paraphrased, probably) said "You will find Me, if you seek Me with all your heart", which I took to include getting up way too early on a Saturday. I got to the church at 6, and discovered that no one ws there! After waiting until 6:15, and thinking about what God's purpose might be in leading me to an empty church parking lot early on a Saturday, I was getting ready to leave when a car finally pulled up with a gent telling me that the meeting was going to start at 7, and that he was there to setup. Here is the mistake: I left after we spoke for a minute to go home and do laundry, but I didn't return at 7. I went with parents into the DC suberbs all morning and afternoon (free breakfast, plus I found a copy of the board game "Risk 2110"!), and have gotten home now (obviously,) but I still don't feel right about not waiting or returning to the church. Did I miss an opportunity to learn/grow? Did I fail to seek "with all my heart"?
Anyhow, not too much I can do about it now... I might take a nap for awhile.

1 comment:

sarah said...

i'm sorry Randy, I'm not sure the link did much good. Maybe i'll make a permanent link to the side of my blog.

maybe we could go hike part of the A.T. one day....what are you doing for Thanksgiving? it's hard to find fellow backpacking enthusiasts here.