Saturday, July 02, 2005

Where is he now?

Hello and welcome to my first weblog! The name's Randy, and I'm a land surveyor working in the Shenandoah Valley, Virginia. I'm 2 years out of college (BS, Elec. Engr.) and am quickly becoming bored outta my gourd at working for a living. Still, I don't mind my job at all, even if land surveying wasn't exactly what I was looking for. For free time, I frequent the city library, go hiking, and pester my family who lives nearby (2 younger bros, 18 and 21, and my parents.)

I started this blog for several reasons:
1) As I said before, I'm getting bored and needed something extra to do.
2) I thought that having a weblog would help me sort out all the crazy thoughts that pop into my head during the course of the day.
3) It may be a good way to keep in touch with old friends (*cough4Bcough*) and distant family.
4) I needed an excuse to use my camera more.
And I'm sure that I'll think of more.

Anyhow, for the 4th of July weekend, I went backpacking (for the first time this YEAR finally...) into the George Washington Nat'l Forest. Spent the night on top of the Massenutten Ridge. About 8-9 miles loop hike, hot (85) and humid but no rain.

Next time: 4th of July thoughts (maybe).

No comments: