Tuesday, July 05, 2005

The daily grind

Bleh. Back to work after a great weekend. The survey department's looking a little thin this week - one of our two survey crew chiefs quit last week, and one of the techs had called in sick again (3rd straight - I'd like 6 days off in a row too...) So today, it was only myself and my boss in the office today, covering all the computer work that needed done. The situation is really not suprising - it happens on a regular basis every few months. Most surveyors seem to always be drifting around between companies, looking for better benefits, pay, or less work. And they're always grumpy at work; its too hot, or too cold, or too rainy to get much work done, or the boss expects too much. Living for money, for self, never content- miserable.

In other (major) news, my grandmother currently has stage 4 lung cancer, and isn't expected to live more than another month. My mom (her first child, out of 14!) has been with her in rural Minnesota for the past several weeks, as well as several of her brothers and sisters. I'm not too worried about grandma - I know she's a Christian. I'm more worried about mom, and how she'll take it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Randy E.,

After reading your blog "The daily grind", I believe you will find the wages information on my site about Jobs With Best Wages to be very helpful.

To give you an idea of our wide range, some of the recent searches that found our site included ...

Mechanical Drafters Wages
Mechanical Engineering Technicians Wages
Mechanical Engineers Wages
Mining Engineers Wages
Mining Saftety Engineers Wages.

We have hundreds of "must read" articles on wages and careers and many other topics in our Top Career Wages site.

Kind Regards
Emily