Sunday, April 30, 2006

Cycling Lessons Learned

1) I'll need to ride a lot more to adjust to life in the cycle saddle before I try a long-distance ride, lest I get blisters on my behind.

2) Practice riding uphill more.

3) Do NOT ride too closely to a storm grate - skinny tires have a tendency to drop between the cracks and ruin your ride. (Luckily, only my rear tire fell in for a split-second and bounced right back out, so all I have is a flat tire. Maybe. I'll take the bike into the shop tomorrow afternoon for a free checkup.)

4) Don't stab yourself in the back of the leg with the front gears.

5) Riding is a lot more fun outside the city, on backroads without traffic.

6) Um... girls don't really dig the cycle shorts?

2 comments:

sarah said...

Sorry to tell you Randy but...girls don't dig cycle shorts.

:-]

sarah said...

laughs!

hey - one weekend - can I bring a car full of girls and go hiking with you?

God be with you Randy! - sj