Thursday, September 29, 2005

Cooler Days

20 degree drop this week... nice. Leaves changing, temperatures just right, Serenity comes out tomorrow... October should be fun. I'm starting to plan another quick hike next weekend, and the Cedar Creek Reenactment is the Saturday after that.

In other, more serious, news, I'm still struggling like crazy in my Bible studies lately. My focus hasn't been great this week, and I'm still treating my studies like a bad college course instead of having the seriousness I need to focus and think. It's a sad state I'm in- I know what I should do, yet I don't do it. I've got too many bad excuses when it comes up- "Is God really there, helping me to study, or just watching from the sidelines?" "Why does God make us struggle with study instead of just dropping a miracle and suddenly our whole outlook's changed?" What comes first, faith or fact? I hope God does something crazy in my life soon to knock me on my butt and get me going in the right direction- heaven knows my efforts have come to nothing.

1 comment:

sarah said...

that's strange. i've never heard of serenity, it sort of looks like a B movie but suddenly all of my friends are planning on watching it. a group is going tonight (including me :) maybe i'm just not a big sci-fi fan...except for Aliens II ;)

umm. i understand. and i don't have any answers, but i think it's good to honest about the struggle. with me, it's a matter of recognizing that God is desireable, and praying that He shows His face, cause i know once I see it, I'll be drawn in.