Friday, March 07, 2008

Summer Scheduling

Wow - things have really come together in the past week regarding my now rapidly filling summer.

1) I've a few friends meeting me at Douthat in early April, now that my schedule for that short trip is pretty set. I'm going to try swinging through Appomattox and Natural Bridge along the way, too.

2) I'm trying to convince Dan to take one last weekend in May off for a bachelors-only trip with Nate and myself before he gets married in late June. My little brother is getting married... wow boy. Quit making me feel old.

3) I got in touch with Dale to ask about another possible big trip this summer to follow up the Montana expedition. The current plan: to bike up the C&O Canal towpath. 185 miles, from DC to Cumberland. I guess I need to fix up my bike. Anybody else interested? I could always fix up Dan's old bike too...

Needless to say, I'm feeling pretty amazed right now. Now, if you'll pardon me, I have a rainy, 40-degree weekend to slog through. I mean, Longview gets snow, but I get rain? What is that all about?

No comments: