Sunday, October 21, 2007

Slowly going crazy

Some days, things are just rough. This is one of those times. My younger brother and my mom are in the middle of an all-out war. This is a first for me and frankly, I hate it. I'm on the outside of this whole conflict though, which is good. With Dad away on yet another work trip, I'm the only family member nearby, so I've been lending my ear and shoulder to mom as she struggles with what to do. As distant as Nate seems, I'm still trying to lend him bits of advice; just letting him know that I still care. I expect that he may yet need me before all this is over.
When I'm not occupied with family drama, I've been struggling with my own faith issues, particularly with work and relationships. Work in the land surveying field has gotten really thin lately, and if things get too much worse I might be commuting into the DC suburbs (traffic...shudder) or out of a job completely. As a 26 year-old bachelor, I'm dealing with the twin problems of loneliness and boredom. It's really tough to trust God with all this guff that's been going on. I started a regular daily devotional again this past week - 1st time since just after college. I'm using a copy of "My Utmost for His Highest" that Derek Fugate gave me right before graduation.

Two new photo albums of my old favorites have been opened: Shenandoah Nat'l Park and this year's Cedar Creek Reenactment.


And in case you're interested in VeggieTales randomness:


Good night!

No comments: