Monday, December 31, 2007

Football

A few weeks ago, I won 2 tickets from work to go see the Redskins/Cowboys game this weekend! I took Steve - a rabid Skins fan - and headed out for FedEx Stadium on the far side of DC. It took me nearly 3 hours to get there: over an hour driving down I-66 almost into DC, another hour on the Metro blazing underground, and another half hour to walk from the subway to the stadium. I met Steve there, and we headed in for our seats (only about 15 rows back!) The weather was pretty miserable: lower 40's and drizzling rain for the first half. Thankfully, we were ready and all bundled up for the wet stuff and cold. The game itself was pretty good - the Skins won and are now in the playoffs! The crowd was massive - nearly 91,000 in attendance. Normally, I'm not a big football fan, but despite the fact I got home at 11PM and have been tired all day, it was fun. I wouldn't want to do that on a regular basis, though. Photos are in Fotki.

I had to work today. Given that is was clear skies and 50 degrees, this was a problem. I did try out my Fivefingers outside after work - they work great!

5 comments:

crackerhead said...

Terrible Weather!?! It was perfect for a football game. I even had to march in that kind of weather during my Senior year of High School. Ahhhhhh the old days.

sarah said...

that's awesome! I'm glad you beat the cowboys :-] i have yet to attend a football game but i really want to (because i like football :-) Those look like great seats.

sarah said...

it took that long to get my christmas card?!
putzy postal people!
:-)
i'm thinking on what you asked/said...i may have a post on it.
take care!

sarah said...

where are you?
;0]

Anonymous said...

Italian Smoked-Trout . Hey, the sun doesn't rise and set smoked salmon. You can find smoked trout at that fish counter, too. Ucraina. Emirati Arabi Uniti. Profondo Volta. Women love clothing and Natalia [url=http://www.bocachicaplaya.com/hogansitoufficiale.htm]Hogan scarpe[/url]
has shown a [url=http://www.bocachicaplaya.com/hogansitoufficiale.htm]scarpe Hogan[/url]
keen interest per mezzo di women and their clothing since she was a [url=http://www.bocachicaplaya.com/hogansitoufficiale.htm]Hogan scarpe[/url]
young child. Natalia [url=http://www.bocachicaplaya.com/hogansitoufficiale.htm]Hogan[/url]
was uncommonly beautiful. Her stunning looks and personality won her many awards throughout the Soviet Union as a [url=http://www.bocachicaplaya.com/hogansitoufficiale.htm]Hogan[/url]
model.