Saturday, July 21, 2007

Sharp Top



I suppose I should update sometime soon. I just got back from a week-long survey seminar in Roanoke. It was interesting, but those 8-hour sessions were brutal. 2 days of survey geometry very nearly drove all of us there crazy. Anyhow, I left on Thursday and camped by the Peaks of Otter, along the Blue Ridge Parkway. It rained all evening - I managed to get my tent up during a break in the rain, then hunkered down inside during the thunderstorm. (Note to self: I had better dry my stuff off before next week.) The rain stopped around midnight, and I went to hike Sharp Top first thing in the morning. Still cloudy and hazy, but beautiful nonetheless. The rest of my pictures are, as always, on my Fotki site.
One week until Montana!

4 comments:

crackerhead said...

Are you going to use a blowdryer or just air it out?

Randy E. said...

I aired out my tent and sleeping bag back on Sunday on the clothesline at home. I also got a list of stuff that I still need before the trip last night; I'll be running around today to pick those up.

sarah said...

those are great pictures - once again evoking the unruly spirit of jealous within me :-) what's in Montana? [besides amazing topography]

crackerhead said...

There's mountains and a group from church he's going hiking with a bunch of guys from church. He'll be exhausted and hopefully post the Monday or Tuesday he comes back.