Thursday, February 08, 2007

Surveyor's Nightmare

Um, WOW. I knew that the Europeans were train-happy, but this is amazing. I thought that there were a lot of parallel tracks heading into Union Station in DC, but Washington doesn't compare to this picture somewhere in London.

URL: http://preview.msnbc.msn.com/id/17043112/displaymode/1176/rstry/17042957/

Anyhow, I only had half a day at work today since I'm still pretty sick. Juice, chicken noodle soup, and old "Firefly" episodes were the lunchtime fare.

Switching gears, I feel like I am quickly coming to the end of my run with apologetics. I took my lunch break with a friend earlier this week, and I realized something as we talked. I've begun to increasingly dislike when I hear someone say about Christianity: "You've got to take it on faith". I fear being unable to explain Christianity to others, and I've been looking at "faith" like it's a cop-out. When you don't understand something, "
You've got to have faith" doesn't automatically make it the truth. Either the speaker hasn't studied enough to be able to explain it, or else they are lying.

Problem is, I've begun to make apologetics the "end-all, be-all" of my belief. As a result, my walk with the Lord has become very tedious. There is no emotion, no praise, just tedious belief. I accept Christ, but I do not love Him. I'm going to talk with one of the apologetics teachers about this sometime in the coming week

3 comments:

sarah said...

have you read the book "Knowing God" by J.I. Packer?
I ask because I just started and even though I know things in life aren't easy enough to be answered just by a book - it's good and the content is relevant to your post I think.
Just a thought :-] hope you feel better soon.
btw - you should go to England. It's pretty :-]

Anonymous said...

That picture is of Clapham Junction Station in Battersea, London. It's the busiest railway station in Europe.

Greavsie said...

Terminological inexactitude Anonymous. Clapham Junction is not quite visible in the distance! This is where the lines from Victoria to the south coast and the lines from Waterloo to the south and south west meet.