Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Old Friends

I got to see an old friend of mine in town this past Monday. John Gowdy is into his 70s - he taught my Sunday School class back when I was in high school; we learned quite a bit. The last I had seen him was 4 1/2 years ago when a few of us from LeTourneau, including IssaCorrie and I, stopped by their new home near Tuscon after the Grand Canyon hike. I learned about his return to town from a friend of my mother - normally I don't get calls from home in the middle of work, but I was sure glad they had called. I met Uncle John at a restaurant in town right after work. He had no idea that I was coming, and boy were he and his wife excited to see me pop in! We spent nearly an hour and a half eating and talking, just catching up. I even gave him the Blog address before we split ways. I thank God for putting people like him in my path.

~Got my airline ticket for Jayson's wedding this week.
~I'm starting to grow a goatee again. No real reason - just for kicks.
~Running in shorts in mid-40s temperatures (like I did today) gets a little chilly. Brr.

No comments: