Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Grr. I feel a little bad that I haven't actually written a decent post for nearly a month now. Things with me are still much the same as a month ago - spiritually stagnant, wondering what God wants me to learn, wondering what my place is. In short, I've been frustrated a lot. I feel like I have no more goals in life, and that my lot for the next few decades is to put in my 8 hours every day, then find some distraction in the evening to hold me over until I go to bed. All the trips I've taken over the past week have been great, but they've all been solo trips; fun, but lonely. That fact that I'm still pretty quiet in person hasn't done me any favors. I'd just like to know what to do with myself, what my future is...

2 comments:

sarah said...

There's a quote from C.S.Lewis I'm going to grab at lunch and come back and write here. For now, if you scroll down - there are some short hair pictures.
:-)

sarah said...

okay get ready - there's ALOT of quotes from C.S. Lewis's Screwtape letters coming your way... the premise is two devils talking with each other about humans.

"It (the future) is unknown to them, so taht in making them think about it, we make them think of unrealities.

We want a whole race perpetually in pursuit of the rainbow's end, never honest, nor kind, nor happy now, but always using as mere fuel wherewith to heap the altar of the Future every real gift which is offered them in the Present.

We have trained them to think of the future as a promised land which favoured heroes attain - not as something which every man reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is.

Hence, the prayers offered in the state of dryness are those which please Him best...He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Our cause is never more in danger than when a human, no longer desiring, but still intending, to do our Enemy's will, looks round upon a universe from which every trace of Him seems to have vanished, and asks why he has been forsaken and still obeys."

I know I probably should've given you verses and all that - but these quote really helped me when I was asking the same questions.

and if they do nothing for you - then forgive me. with love, sj