Monday, July 03, 2006

Wow, it's really been 2 weeks since my last post? I'll hopefully have some new pictures up soon, once I can get them from a friend. I went kayaking for the first time Saturday with several friends down the Cacapon River 12 miles- US 50 to WV 127. (Topozone map of the stretch) I am proud to say that I only tipped over once- stupid rock. The scenery through the hills was great - plenty of mountains and rock spires to look at when I wasn't busy watching the water ahead. We didn't run through anything worse than Class 2 rapids and a few small ledges (those were fun!) Sure, my arms were wicked sore and I was redder than a cooked lobster by the end, but I sure had fun doing it!

2 comments:

sarah said...

how does kyaking compare to canoeing?
[sorry for bad spelling]
:-)

sarah said...

Isn't 'do not covet' the 10th commandment? ...got your package.

;-) THANKS!!!